Planning on remodeling your kitchen? While this can be a great way to add convenience and style to your home, redoing your kitchen also presents a unique set of challenges that can lead to major headaches if you’re not careful. Going into the remodeling process without proper information may result in further complications that hold your project up, or even cause unintentional damage to your property. Watch out for these kitchen remodeling problems, and make sure to hire Smith’s Plumbing Services the next time you need kitchen or bathroom remodeling assistance.
The Top 5 Kitchen Remodeling Problems:
- Your Fixtures Don’t Fit Your Kitchen: Everyone wants a kitchen that is stylish. However, it’s important that you don’t put fashion over function. While you should definitely use fixture styles and materials that reflect your personal taste, going with something that’s too trendy can actually impede your ability to use your kitchen properly. Remember that trends change, so who knows if what’s popular now will still look good in a few years!
- Your Island Counter Is Too Big: Island countertops are an extremely beloved feature of modern kitchens. They look great, and they make the entire food prep process much easier. However, putting an island in that’s massive can interrupt the flow of your kitchen, making foot traffic more difficult and even posing a hazard for when you are cooking.
- Your Appliances Were Not Installed First: Because your kitchen appliances are likely to take up a lot of space, they should always be installed first. In addition to helping you figure out how much room you have to work with, appliances like your dishwasher, stove, oven, and even potentially your microwave set the template for the look and feel of the rest of your kitchen. Everything from cabinets to countertops to backsplashes are easier to install once you know where your appliances are going. And on top of this, putting in appliances first can help you determine your budget, so remodeling costs don’t spiral out of control as your project goes on.
- Your Pipes Were Not Replaced: If you have problems in your kitchen pipes and have been putting off having them replaced, make sure to get this done before your remodel is complete. The last thing you want is to finish a kitchen remodeling project, only to tear up all that new work for pipe replacement or even re-piping service.
- Your Contractor Was Not a Licensed Professional: The value of a licensed plumbing contractor in kitchen and bathroom remodeling can not be overstated. Hiring an amateur is just going to result in shoddy work that won’t last in the long run. Luckily, our experienced team at Smith’s Plumbing Services offers remodeling work and new construction plumbing for a range of properties. We are proud to provide residential and commercial services, so whether you are putting in your dream kitchen or even restructuring your restaurant, our contractors have got just what you need. Call today to schedule an appointment, and remember, Smith’s Plumbing Services is available 24/7 for emergencies!
Contact us anytime at (901) 290-1110, or click here to request service online.