Water Heater Repair in Memphis
Call Our Bartlett Water Heater Specialists Today: (901) 290-1110
Are you looking for water heater repair or installation services? If so, our professional and friendly Memphis plumbers at Smith’s Plumbing Services are here to help. It is very inconvenient to have a water heater that isn't working properly, is leaking or acting up, and we stand ready to provide you with the efficient and professional service you need for your quick repair or replacement.
Should You Repair or Replace Your Water Heater?
Although we will do everything we can to repair your water heater, once we have inspected it thoroughly, we may recommend a replacement. Certain circumstances that may call for replacing your unit include if it is older than 8 to 12 years or if it constantly needs repairs. At Smith's Plumbing Services, we offer upfront pricing, so you will never be surprised with the costs at the end of our visit.
Other signs that may indicate it is time to replace your water heater include:
- Popping or banging noises coming from your tank
- Water pooling around your unit or excessive condensation
- Rusty colored or odd-smelling water
- Not enough hot water
- Inconsistent temperature control
What are the Signs You Need Water Heater Repair?
There are several signs that indicate your water heater may need repair.
Here are some common indicators:
- Lack of Hot Water: If your water heater is not producing hot water or the water is not as hot as it used to be, there may be an issue with the heating element, thermostat, or a buildup of sediment in the tank.
- Inconsistent Water Temperature: Fluctuations in water temperature can be a sign of a malfunctioning thermostat or a problem with the heating element.
- Strange Noises: Popping, rumbling, or banging sounds coming from the water heater may indicate sediment buildup in the tank, which can reduce its efficiency.
- Leaking Water: Any signs of water around the base of the water heater could indicate a leak. Leaks may be caused by a faulty valve, a leaking tank, or loose connections.
- Rusty Water: If the hot water coming out of your faucets is rusty or discolored, it could be a sign of corrosion inside the water heater tank.
- Low Water Pressure: Reduced water pressure may be a result of a buildup of sediment or mineral deposits in the water heater.
- Age of the Water Heater: The average lifespan of a water heater is around 8 to 12 years. If your water heater is approaching or has exceeded this age, it may be more prone to problems and may require attention.
- Pilot Light Issues: For gas water heaters, if the pilot light goes out frequently or has a yellow or flickering flame, it may indicate a problem with the thermocouple, gas supply, or ventilation.
- High Energy Bills: An inefficient water heater can lead to higher energy bills. If you notice a sudden increase in your utility costs, it could be a sign that your water heater is not operating efficiently.
If you experience any of these signs, it's advisable to contact a professional plumber or a water heater repair service to assess and address the issue promptly. Regular maintenance can also help prevent potential problems and extend the life of your water heater.
Why Choose Us
We have been serving residents in Memphis, Bartlett, and the surrounding areas for over 10 years, and have been given an A+ Rating by the BBB ®. If your water heater suddenly breaks down, you can count on us for same-day service, because we want customers to have access to our services 24/7.
Our team handles all plumbing and hot water repairs and new installation services. We stay up to date on the latest tools the industry has to offer, and our team is extremely knowledgeable about the various types of equipment, enabling us to help you choose the best option for your home or business. We even service and install a variety of modern, energy-efficient tankless water heaters.