Drain cleaning is an essential part of maintaining a working plumbing system. But how do you know when it’s time to have your drains cleaned? Keep reading for the most common signs you need drain cleaning, and contact our professional Memphis plumbers at Smith’s Plumbing Services for everything your plumbing system needs.
The Top Signs Your Drains Require Cleaning Are:
- They are slow: Slow-running sinks are a major sign you’re dealing with a clog. If more than one fixture is working slowly, it’s also likely there’s a large clog in your sewer line. To attempt to flush these clogs out on your own, you can use a mix of hot water and mild detergent, vinegar, or baking soda. If this does not work, you should call a plumber for professional drain cleaning.
- Your fixtures keep backing up: Water should only go one way down your toilets and sinks, but if you find it is going the opposite way through your pipes, this is an almost surefire sign there’s something blocking your drains. When fixtures get backed up, they often spill out sewage, which is very toxic. If this happens to you, hire a plumber ASAP to help determine if the problem is isolated or located deeper in your sewer line.
- Something smells gross: Going back to the sewage issue mentioned above, if you smell something foul near your drains, it may be because of a crash in the sewer line, which can release toxic gases through cracks. Fortunately, with a drain cleaning and inspection, a plumber should easily be able to identify where these odors are coming from.
- There’s mold growing near your drains: Mold has a nasty smell and is extremely toxic for your health. It also thrives in damp, dark enjoinments, and may be a sign you have a leak. Hire a professional to get rid of your mold, and make sure a trusted plumber cleans your drains while they’re at it.
- There are critters in them: Pests like rats or bugs are frustrating no matter where they show up in your home, however, if you find them in the bathroom or the kitchen, it may be because of a crack somewhere in the sewer line. With a professional drain cleaning, a skilled plumber will be able to detect any such openings, and then work to repair them.
- Your water bills keep going up: If your utility bills have risen but you’re not using any more water than usual, it may be because of an obstruction or leak in your pipe. Once again, with a professional drain cleaning, a technician will be able to perform an inspection to try and identify the problem.
Call Smith’s Plumbing Services to Protect Your Drains
At Smith’s Plumbing Services, we are proud to offer quality drain cleaning and all other essential plumbing servicers to the people of Memphis and the surrounding area. From leak detection and repair to backflow testing, our technicians have everything needed to keep your system running smoothly. Call now for same day and emergency appointments and find out why customers love Smith’s Plumbing Services.
For scheduling, dial (901) 290-1110 now or contact us online.