As a homeowner, you understand that your house is a continuous project. Appliances, fixtures, and other household components are always aging, breaking down, or losing their aesthetic appeal. And when your home requires plumbing upgrades, you must take water usage into account.
Fortunately, technological advances have resulted in low-flow water fixtures. Furthermore, new-age dishwashers and washing machines are now designed to do more with less water.
If it is time to make a few household changes, consider the following product categories:
- Shower Heads – According to WaterSense, showering accounts for around 17% of residential water usage on average. While ordinary shower heads use approximately two and a half gallons of water per minute, newer models use up to two gallons per minute. While it may not seem like it would make a difference, it will add up over time, saving thousands of gallons more a year.
- Faucets – The use of aerators in sink faucets are used to save water by injecting air bubbles into the stream to displace water without disrupting rinsing ability. While the average faucet uses around 2.2 gallons per minute, the most water efficient faucets use around one and a half gallons per minute.
- Toilets – One of the major water users in most homes, toilets are responsible for nearly 30% of residential water use. The current federal standard is 1.6 gallons per flush. However, some models are a few decades old which use up to six gallons per flush. By having a water-efficient toilet installed that uses 1.28 gallons or less per flush, you can reduce your household water consumption by up to 60%.
- Dishwashers – Older models use up to 10 gallons per cycle, compared to water-efficient models that use between four to six gallons per cycle. Using a water-smart dishwasher saves thousands of gallons throughout the lifespan of the appliance.
- Washing machines – Today’s most water-efficient models use around 13 gallons per load, compared to average washers that use 10 gallons more. While wash cycles may take a little longer, less water is being used with effective results.
If you are looking for bathroom or kitchen remodeling services in Bartlett, TN or the surrounding area, Smith’s Plumbing Services is prepared to help you install new pipes, appliances, and fixtures. With more than a decade of experience, we are ready to handle any situation to upgrade the level of comfort in your home.
Contact us and schedule an appointment with our Bartlett plumber today.