Your plumbing is one of the most important aspects of your home. If a plumbing problem occurs, it can disrupt you and your family’s comfort and peace of mind.
The best solution to prevent any major plumbing issues from happening is to schedule maintenance at least once a year. However, there are problems that frequently occur. While there are some you can take care on your own, there are others that require the assistance of a licensed plumber.
The following are the common plumbing problems homeowners encounter:
- Slow or clogged drains – When the water that goes into your shower drain, toilet, or sink won’t go down, you either have a partial or complete clog. While there are multiple ways you can resolve the issue on your own, it is best to contact a licensed plumber for professional drain cleaning.
- Dripping faucets – Dripping faucets not only waste water, but it can also waste your money when it comes to the monthly water bill. Over time, washers that prevent more water from coming out of your faucet can become defective, which allows water to drip through. You can replace the washer on your own. However, if the problem is not the washer, then contact a professional plumber for assistance.
- Leaky pipes – Leaks can be an expensive nuisance since wasted water can hurt your wallet. If you’re not experienced with handling your home’s piping, get a hold of a licensed plumber.
- Running toilet – If your toilet isn’t working as efficiently as it once did, it may be time to replace the inner workings.
- Low water pressure – If you are experiencing low water pressure in your home, the problem can be either your pipes or the municipal water supply. When water enters your pipes, it carries dissolved minerals that can deposit themselves on metal surfaces, such as your shower heads and aerators. If you still notice low water pressure after cleaning shower heads and aerators of mineral deposits and sediment, the issue may be more complex.
If you are experiencing any of these common plumbing issues despite your best efforts, contact Smith’s Plumbing Services and schedule an appointment with our licensed Bartlett plumber today.