Whether you are planning on moving soon, looking at refinancing your home, or simply want nicer appliances and fixtures, making updates to your plumbing system is a great way to do it. All household equipment goes through some wear and tear over time, but by making improvements to your plumbing, you will be able to increase the commercial appeal of your entire house. So before you put your home on the market, check out these five ways upgrading your plumbing system can maximize property value, courtesy of our pros at Smith’s Plumbing Services.
The Top 5 Plumbing Upgrades to Make to Increase Property Value
- Remodel Your Kitchen and/or Bathroom: Your kitchen and your bathroom are the two rooms where you interact with your plumbing system the most, and as such, they are the most important rooms when it comes to upgrading your plumbing appliances and fixtures. At Smith’s Plumbing Services, our bathroom and kitchen remodeling experts can help you replace or install new toilets, dishwashers, bathtubs, sinks, garbage disposals, and more. As new construction plumbers, we know how to help you find the perfect equipment, and how to ensure it is installed correctly, so it lasts for years to come. And speaking of new equipment…
- Put in a Water Filtration System: Whole-home water filtration systems are a huge draw for anybody dipping their toes in the real estate market. By putting in a cutting-edge water filtration system with Smith’s Plumbing Services, you will not only be able to enjoy, clean, great-tasting drinking water that’s free of contaminants right now, but also show off a desirable feature for any future home buyers.
- Replace Your Water Heater: Another device that home-buyers want to know is new and in good condition is your water heater. At Smith’s Plumbing Services, we can help you make an upgrade with a range of modern, energy-efficient water heater models, all designed to last for years to come. This includes tankless water heaters, which can hold huge appeal for buyers who want to save money and enjoy reliable hot water on-demand.
- Consider Re-Piping Your Home: There’s no question that re-piping is a big job. However, if your home is older and your pipes are increasingly leaky, corroded, or prone to supplying you with discolored, low-pressure water, making an upgrade may be necessary. When you call Smith’s Plumbing Services for re-piping, we can supply you with all the modern piping options you need to keep your whole plumbing system functioning smoothly, including PEX, PVC, and copper piping. Remember, your pipes are basically the veins of your plumbing system, pumping the lifeblood that is water through your house; if they do not function well, it is impossible for the rest of your system to do its job, too.
- Call for a Plumbing Inspection: The fact of the matter is that regardless of how well you treat your plumbing, it is still possible to miss certain defects if you are not a professional. Fortunately, when you call our skilled plumbers at Smith’s for an inspection, we can identify a number of areas where you may be able to make improvements/fix issues. For instance, we offer leak detection to prevent expensive water damage and water bills. We can also let you know if you need drain cleaning, or if any of your pipes need to be repaired. Basically, Smith’s Plumbing Services is always here to help you spot potential trouble spots in your system and reassure your peace of mind.