When it comes to taking care of your home’s plumbing, hiring the right plumber for the job shouldn’t be taken lightly. Quality plumbers are capable of repairing some of most important aspects of your home, such as pipes, toilets, drains, faucets, and water heaters. You must not make the mistake of hiring a plumber that’s extremely affordable, since it can result in further damage to your plumbing or more costly repairs in the future.
The following are tips to hire the right plumber for the job:
- Ask to see their state license. Most states require plumbers obtain a license, including Tennessee.
- Check for proof of insurance. Plumbers should always be insured or bonded, just in case an accident or injury occurs.
- See how many years they’ve been in business. It’s a great sign if a company or plumber has been in business of several years, since it typically means they have a proven track record of success.
- Check their references. In addition to being in business for a considerable amount of time, plumbers can and will provide references of past customers and past projects they’ve accomplished. If they can’t do so, or refuse to do so, then it’s time to look in another direction.
- Ask them for an estimate. A qualified plumber can inspect your situation, understand what it takes to resolve the issue, and provide an accurate price in order to complete the job. However, it’s best to acquire at least three estimates, but don’t go with an estimate that’s substantially lower than the average.
- Request a warranty. Plumbers should offer warranties for their work and parts, which typically lasts for up to one year.
For more information about how we can help fix your plumbing problem, please contact our Bartlett plumber and request our plumbing services as soon as possible.