Finding out you have a damaged sewer line is something no homeowner wants to hear. You may be unsure of how to approach this massive job, or unsure of what it even entails. You may not even know you had a damaged sewer line to begin with.
Thankfully, our experts at Smith’s Plumbing Services are here to provide you with all the sewer repair information you need to know. Look at the facts before hiring a professional, and when it’s time, call our Bartlett plumbers for fast and efficient service.
#1: There Is No Main Cause of Sewer Breakdown
Given that they are buried underground, sewer systems are prone to face wear and tear from the elements over time. It may also be difficult to diagnose the reason a sewer system requires repair, as you will likely have to hire a technician to dig up the ground around it.
Reasons You May Need Sewer Repair Include:
- Broken lines
- Cracked lines
- Collapsed lines
- Settling soil
- Shifting soil
- Tree root intrusion
- Frozen Ground
#2: There Are Multiple Signs of Sewer Problems
While determining the exact problem with your sewer line may be difficult, various signs can alert you to a problem. While none of them are surefire proof of sewer issues, spotting more than one of these signs is a strong indicator that it’s time to call a plumber.
Warning Signs of Sewer Problems Include:
- Water backing up in your toilet, shower, or sink drain
- Drain backups around your toilet or elsewhere in your house
- Sewage smell coming from your drains or lingering outside your house
- Gurgling sounds coming from drains and toilets
- Water pooling around basement floor drains
#3: If Left Unattended, Sewage Problems Can Affect Your Septic Tank
While toilet or sink backups are one thing, backups in your septic tank resulting from faulty sewage lines can be far more devastating. To make sure issues with your septic tank don’t start to affect the rest of your home, call a plumber as soon as you suspect a problem. Remember, septic backups can lead to property damage and contamination. Not only are broken septic tanks environmentally unsafe and unsanitary, but they can lead to health problems like hepatitis or dysentery. The best call is to hire a professional the minute you suspect something is off with your septic tank, just to be safe.
Warning Signs Your Septic Tank May Be Backed Up Include:
- Sewage liquid in toilets and drains
- Slow flushing and draining in your toilets
- Slow-running drains
- Wastewater seeping from the ground near your septic system
- Mossy grass growing over the septic system
- Bacteria in your well water
- Algae or weeds growing nearby your home
- Nasty smells around the house
#4: There Are Multiple Ways to Attempt Sewer Repair
While sewer systems are complicated and resistant to easy solutions, there are several ways to save your sewer line from complete destruction. It just depends on what the obstruction affecting your sewer system is, and how soon the problem is addressed.
Ways to Repair Your Sewer Line Include:
- Drain Cleaning: In cases where the sewer line faces small obstructions but is still intact, thorough drain cleaning may help the system survive another day.
- Hydro Jetting: By using pressurized water jets to scour your sewer lines for dirt, debris, grease, various buildups and obstructions, hydro jetting may be able to fix your sewer line in a way standard drain cleaning won’t.
- Pipe Lining: One way to insulate your sewer line from outside forces is to line it with a sleeve. We may be able to address one particular section of the pipe with this method, thereby avoiding the need to dig deep and tear up your home.
- Pipe Bursting: With the power of hydraulics, we may be able to breakdown old sewer pipes, bursting them and clearing the way for new ones.
Call Smith’s for Sewer Lines and More Today
From maintenance, to repairs, to installations, there’s nothing Smith’s Plumbing Services won’t do for our customers. As members of the Bartlett and Arlington Chamber of Commerce with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, we are very proud of our position in this community. Just read our reviews, and you will see how seriously we take customer service. And with affordable financing options to fit every budget, you can rest assured that whether you need commercial plumbing or help remodeling your kitchen or bathroom, we can find a way to make it work. We’re also always upfront about pricing, so you never have to worry about any hidden fees or surcharges. Contact our Bartlett Plumbers today and see the Smith’s difference for yourself.
Smith’s Plumbing Services is available by phone now at (901) 290-1110 or you can contact us online at your convenience. 24/7 emergency and same-day service is also available.