Hard water is tap water with an abnormally high mineral count. Minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron, and aluminum can make the water unsuitable for washing, unpleasant to drink, and can damage plumbing pipes.
If you think that you have hard water, watch out for the following telltale signs:
- Appliance damage. The mineral deposits in hard water will develop on practically everything they touch, resulting in damage that can ruin home appliances.
- Showering troubles. Hard water makes it difficult to work up a lather and rinse it away. Showering with hard water can also result in dry skin.
- Weird taste. Although some minerals found in hard water have health benefits, the taste is a different story. Hard water often tastes or smells sour, metallic, or sulfuric.
- Spotty dishes. Hard water can make it difficult to wash soap and detergent away. Dishes rinsed in hard water typically have chalking spots or streaks.
- Laundry issues. Since hard water can make it hard to wash soap and detergent away from dishes and even your skin, the same effect happens to clothes. It can prematurely dull bright colors and make them feels stiff.
If you recognize any of these signs of hard water in your home, your plumbing system could be sustaining damage every day. Reach out to a licensed plumber for expert hard water testing and effective water softening solutions.
Contact Smith's Plumbing Services today to schedule a residential or commercial plumbing service with our Atlanta plumber today. More than 10 years of experience on your side!