No one likes to have to deal with an emergency plumbing situation. Yet waiting to call for emergency plumbing can have disastrous results for your system, and end up costing you a lot more in the long run. Fortunately, Smith’s Plumbing Services is here to provide you with 24-hour emergency plumbing repairs. Keep your equipment functional and read on to find out when you need to call for emergency plumbing service, and do not hesitate to contact Smith’s day or night.
The Top 7 Reasons to Call for Emergency Plumbing Service:
- Burst Pipes: A pipe can burst when pressure builds up and a clog or freezing occurs, but one thing about burst pipes that always remains the same is that they require immediate attention. If a pipe bursts in your home, shut off the flow of water and call for assistance. You may need re-piping service should this happen to you, and our experts at Smith’s Plumbing Services will be able to thoroughly assess your system and recommend the best course of action.
- Frozen Pipes: As mentioned above, a frozen pipe can rupture or burst, in addition to causing your entire plumbing system to stop. While you may assume that in warmer climates like here in Tennessee, burst pipes are not an issue. Yet pipes can begin to freeze at only 32 degrees Fahrenheit, so during the winter, you should always be on the lookout for this issue during the dead of winter.
- Overflowing Toilets: Every homeowner has dealt with an overflowing toilet at some point, but that doesn’t make it any less of a pain in the butt. If your toilet overflows, don’t waste time trying to clean it up. Find the main shut off valve and stop the flow of water, call a plumber immediately, and just back away. A backed up toilet can result in toxic sewer water seeping into your property, which happens to bring us to…
- Sewer Line Back-Ups/Leaks: When your sewer line ruptures due to tree root intrusions or other issues, you may experience a wastewater back-up in your toilet, tub, or sinks. NEVER wait to deal with a sewage spill, since as we’ve already discussed, sewer water not only can cause extensive damage to your property but also contains dangerous bacteria and viruses. Fortunately, Smith’s Plumbing Services also offers sewer repairs that are built to last.
- Gas Line Leaks: If there’s one plumbing emergency even more dangerous to your household than a sewer leak, it has to be a gas line leak. Look out for whistling noises behind your walls and a rotten egg smell around your property, and if you detect these signs, shut off your gas, leave your house, and make two calls: your utility company and a plumber. Gas leaks can cause fires and poisoning, so it is essential to get them taken care of ASAP. If you find yourself randomly feeling nauseous but cannot taste or hear anything, this could also be a sign of a CO leak. Carbon monoxide is tasteless and odorless, making it incredibly dangerous, and a big reason to ensure certain household equipment is well-maintained. And speaking of household equipment, you should also watch out for—
- Water Heater Leaks: You may be able to detect a hot water leak if you go to turn your water on and just can’t get it to warm up. Check your water heater tank, and if there is any pooling at the base of the unit, call for service immediately. Water heater problems can cause serious issues for your property, including CO poisoning, so they are never to be ignored. Also, you may be able to avoid some of these issues by installing an energy-efficient tankless water heater. And Smith’s Plumbing Services offers leak detection repair to catch any leaks around your house.
- Lack of Water Pressure: Low water pressure is one thing. But when your water pressure goes from poor to almost nonexistent, chances are you’ve got a real problem on your hands. If your water pressure starts to go out, it could be due to problems with your water heater, clogged pipes, or a leak. You may not think it’s a big deal, at first, but trust us, the longer you wait to deal with water pressure issues, the worse they are likely to get. Err on the side of caution if your water pressure suddenly drops, and call Smith’s Plumbing Services ASAP.
To request an appointment with our experienced plumbers, call (901) 290-1110, or send us a message online. And don’t forget to ask about our excellent financing options! Remember, Smith’s Plumbing Services is committed to helping you get a great deal.