One of the most common questions people ask is how to prevent their
drains from clogging. Taking preventative steps at home to keep your drains clog-free
can help save costly repairs and treatments later o down the line. At
Smith’s Plumbing Services, our customers’ needs come first.
We prioritize prompt, efficient service at an affordable price. We would
never lead you astray from the problem at hand.
Our Tips for Preventing Clogged Drains
Homeowners face many challenges in the upkeep of the home and clogged drains
present one of the largest nuisances. Most of us like easy and quick solutions,
so it can be tempting to run to the store and purchase special drain unclogging
solutions, but these have been known to cause more problems for drains
in the long run. They may wear out the inner surface of the pipes and
over time, lead to leaks and other wear and tear.
Here are some of our tips to help prevent clogs:
- Even if you have a garbage disposal, many of us resist tossing trash such
as orange peels, banana peels, egg shells, potato skins, and coffee grounds.
- Run cold water while the garbage disposal runs, so that the waste has a
chance to run fully through the system.
- Avoid pouring oil or grease down the drain, as this can solidify and get
stuck to the pipes.
- Consider purchasing screens to catch food, hair, and other wastes.
- You should never flush large amounts of paper down the toilet, particularly
feminine products as they can clog the toilet and even the entire sewer system.
- Make it a regular habit to clear out the drains of hair and other particles
that may have built up in the pipes.
- Schedule an appointment with a licensed plumber to periodically clean out
the drains from the root. We can snake the main line to get to the source,
saving you on costly repairs later on.
As licensed Bartlett plumbing contractors, we have been helping our community
members for over 10 years. We handle every aspect of plumbing jobs, from
the installation to maintenance and repairs. Smith’s Plumbing Services
are friendly, but professional service team. We also offer a variety of
affordable service options to see that your needs are met.
Request your service by calling us at (901) 290-1110.